Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Three-Year-Long Goodbye

I have a love hate/relationship with running. I hate to love it because, frankly, I'm not good. In fact I boarder the painful-to-watch category of runners. But it does give a certain release and freedom of mind, a tiring of body that I need and can't find elsewhere.

And a few years ago it became mandatory, and then shortly after impossible as I failed to train properly or eat properly or sleep...So I got a pinched nerve that caused a bulging disc that disrupted my neck and shoulder that popped out my hip that randomly and awkwardly rotated my other hip that incurred a bruise that lead to a bum running knee. Did I mention the bloody blisters?

I wanted to continue through the pain (read I'm willing to wait it out and begin again) but my only running supporter gave up. She no longer follows my tweets. I think it has something to do with the lack of running I've maintained.

Or maybe it's the lack of tweeting.

Running I love you! And I'm willing to wait out the pain. See you in a month.

1 comment:

The Reese Crew said...

Maybe you should use your downtime to strengthen your core thus making running a little less painful. (But if this is your mind-easing excuse not to endure unnecessary pain then disregard this comment ;)