Friday, February 18, 2011

On Being a Girl

Here I am deep in behavioral analysis, when Skip sees a comercial for a Venus razor.
 
"Do you like being a lulu (his word for girls)," he asks.

"Yeah, I'd rather be a girl than a guy." I reply.

"Why?"

So I launched into the obivious. How guys stink, and they don't even care that they stink, and I'm not sure I want to regress into a primate. That as a girl I have emotional capabilities that look like science fiction to them. That I can rely on faith for things that aren't tangible and easily manipulated. Oh and did I mention the cute clothes? Plus I feel that women are the superior sex.

Skip stared at me, refuting each claim on the basis of "If you were a guy you wouldn't care about that."

I thought for a minute and concluded, "It would be cool to pee standing up, but it's nice to know that I don't have to think about sex all day every day and therefore can accomplish tasks on a regular basis. Oh, and that means I'm ready to live all by myself, just like a big kid."

Skip rolled this over in his head, forgot that he was eating and I saw a light bulb flash above his head.

"THAT makes sense," he decided, nodding his head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something wonderful about being a guy - one whom acknowledges that females are the superior sex - it gives us something worth living for!

skipper said...

I would swap pee standing up for multi-taskability any day indeed! hahahaha