Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Crown Vic

My apologies to those of you unfortunate enough to live without hearing an infant giggle in her sleep. It's wonderful and contagious. I'm fairly certain Pippa's neurons connect and she understands what a funny mommy she has, then out pops the giggle. She has plenty to laugh about.

For instance the time the lady at the airport up sold me the Crown Vic. For an additional five dollars I could drive to Chicago in luxury. It says I'm going to the airport? I'll be needing that extra room for luggage. Yes, because I often pack multiple bags when flying alone, oh and all of Pippa's bags. That lady got me, got me good. I truly believed I'd need the spare room for suitcases, carriers, strollers, car seats, diaper bags, computer bags, etc. Even though I'd spent most of the morning carefully planning how I could pack for a month in one suitcase and one carry-on. But when car lady said, "it will be nice to have a larger trunk," my brain went through the reasonings of a mad woman. Also known as new-mommy-sleep-deprivation thinking.

I literally had this thought process: A larger trunk would be great. I won't have to worry about fitting everything into the backseat so the car seat won't be a problem. And the stroller would fit, if I were taking it with me. I'll have the carrier, which can go on the backseat. I can put the diaper bag in the passenger seat. So a suitcase can go in the trunk. Yes, a car with a trunk is the better option, especially for the stroller. I'm not taking the stroller, because it's so big. I should drive the Crown Vic since the trunk is bigger. I wonder what that looks like?

It looks like a police car. And the economy car had a trunk, as most cars do. I'm just glad I couldn't quite figure out what XM radio was at the moment or I'd have reasoned I needed that upgrade as well.

1 comment:

uknowwho said...

yeah but when you were fat-hogging the left lane people got the hell out of your way when appeared in their rear view...priceless