Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Wicked Chicago

Since moving to Illinois we've joked about how corrupt the state government. In all fairness I haven't paid much attention, but I was sidekick to a mugging my first trip to Chicago and the state tax went up by some ridiculous amount (I want to say 50 percent...).

So I conned my family into visiting by tempting them with the perfectly named Broadway show Wicked. The twins followed that up with a plan for some indulgent spending in Chicago. Sorry boys!


Amber, Heather, Mom
Somehow I left my camera at home for the weekend, and as a family we must not be tourist minded because we constantly thought of cool pictures we should have taken afterwards. Amber and Heather did manage to get a passing shot posed in front of a Windy City bus stopped at a red light. I took a handful of mobile shots. Yep, that photography class is paying for itself.

Would it be small of me to blame my professor? He told me I had shaky hands. We refer to it as the Hall shakes and what kept Travis from surgeon stardom. Crushed dreams.

Regardless, it was wonderful to have a girls and Pa weekend. We all loved Wicked and it wouldn't surprise me to find my little nieces singing Popular this holiday season. Thanks for the visit!

3 comments:

Roland said...

I always preferred Defying Gravity. Did you see it in Chicago? I caught it at the Oriental and it was awesome.

Bre said...

@Roland I can see you defying gravity. We saw it downtown Peoria! It was actually really fun because we were able to get great seats and could see buttons and zippers :) Loved it!

Kim said...

Took my girls to see Wicked in San Diego a few years ago. We love, love, loved it!! It helped that we had been listening to the CD endlessly for months ahead of time.

Did your sisters make it to Chicago? Love that city.