Friday, April 6, 2012

Smurfette

A month ago, when Pippa was still a newborn, I was having a wardrobe crisis and needed some bras I could sleep in. The mothers reading this will understand. They will also understand how expensive those purchases can be and why I headed to the clearance rack. Here in Peoria, the clearance rack is reserved for XL and proved semi-unsuccessful.

So I went to the colorful display of spring fashion. There I grabbed a lovely turquoise thing certain to make nursing at 4 a.m. blissful. And it has. Added bonus? It dyes my skin blue. I have a lovely tatoo outline, like a bikini, or a Smurf, or the chic from Avatar. I figured it just needed a good washing or five.

No, it still leaks onto my skin and sheets as if I've done a quick tie-dye session in my sleep. I'm sure it's completely healthy for my baby.

No comments: