Friday, June 15, 2012

The Power of P90X

Or something like that. I tend to get the order of the P the 90 and the X confused. Oddly enough, I also get the exercises confused and am usually one or two steps behind or ahead. And I know that you are all hoping this post is complete with a photo of my awesome abs, bulging biceps and cut calves. There are no such photos. There are no such muscles.

No this is a story of the family bonding time created by a 30 minute Core Synergestics endeavor. First, I convinced Skip that there were enough pushups in the program for him to skip the weights at the gym and come home. This was a ploy. I really just wanted a workout buddy and a need to get moving. It worked.

Second, Pippa woke from her nap just as the opening credits rolled. So I threw a blanket on the floor, laid her down and started my warm up stretches beside her. This did not work. She likes to be held. So I held her and modified the activities. During pushups I kissed her nose. And for lunges I held her...and she believed this to be a roller coaster. Here we are high in the sky and now there's a dip. Oh look! there's Dad (giggle giggle giggle). More lunges Mom!

My bum is sore from the Pippa lunges and my abs from all the laughing. Now we know to record our workouts :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved everything about this :)