Saturday, February 2, 2013

Baby Ka-no-leez Beloved Ka-nuffle Bunny Book

Pippa loves the Knuffle Bunny book. Loves in terms of infatuation and obsession. She lights up when she sees the cover. Pushes other books out of the way, off the shelf, throws them to the ground, just to have mommy or daddy hold the too big book in front of her. And that was enough for the first three months.

Now she demands to be read the book. She screams at me if I don't. She crawls after me babbling in the most urgent disgusted tone when I put it away. She wills me with her Jedi mind tricks to read, re-read, re-read, and re-read this book. In fact I can now recite it. In my sleep. While juggling pacifiers.

So we incorporated it into her nightly routine. At least two readings of Knuffle Bunny, complete with Pippa commentary. She points at Trixie, the little girl in the book, and laughs when Trixie talks "aggle flaggle clabble." Pippa hrrmphs when Knuffle bunny can't be found and smuggly giggles huh once Knuffle bunny and Trixie are reunited. Pippa eagerly turns each page then settles onto my lap for a good story. But somewhere in all that excitement, she reached a little too quickly and tore a page.


Knuffle Bunny is in recovery. When Pippa has learned not to bully books I'll reintroduce the two. What a reunion that will be!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! She is already a book lover. Good job, Mom!

Bre said...

Kimmy she loves the books you sent! She carries/pushes Jamberry from room to room.

Summer and Brandon said...

Yep, we had two casualties last week. Sticking to the thick cardboard ones unless he's tired enough to let me turn the pages. I love how they love books! btw, She's DARLING! PS...#2 is on the way for us, end of Aug.