Monday, February 4, 2013

Miss Independent

Someday soon (hopefully by her first birthday) I'd like to collect Pippa's first year posts and print them in a lovely book for her to read when she's older. She does so many lovely interesting things each day that amaze me. Tonight was no different.

Five minutes before bed time we jumped into the shower for a quick rinsing of dinner. I had the washcloth dampened and posed Pippa for a scrub. She furiously shook her head no, making it nearly impossible to wash every nook and cranny. I kept trying and failing. So I decided to scrub my face so she could see what was going to happen.

This encouraged her. She grabbed the washcloth and started washing my face. Then laughing, she started to wash behind her ears, and her cheeks. When I'd reach for the washcloth to help her she'd start fussing again. So I started pointing to the areas I wanted her to wash. And she did it. I'm not saying I have the smartest baby ever, but some days it feels like it.

No comments: