Monday, February 16, 2009

insomnia

Peer pressure on Facebook got to me and in a sleepless fit I listed a mere 25 random things about myself. Damn the Man I'm posting it here instead.

25 Random Things

1. I spent 22 years going to sleep with my feet poking out of the covers. I hate them being covered up.

2. At 22 years of age I spent a summer on the beach—in sweats. I haven’t been warm since. Now my feet lie under layers of blankets and freezing the air trapped below the covers.

3. I fought with a Kenyan over the natural color of my eyes and hair.

4. Two times I have opened the door and promptly flown across the room due to tackle.

5. I hate eating, it is a chore. I’ve thought about being hooked up to an IV but I’m terrified of needles.

6. I sometimes wish to be a scientist to solve this food issue by inventing a pill that can be taken once a week.

7. Order stresses me out.

8. I wanted to learn to snowboard to get over my fear of heights. I am still afraid of heights but no longer scared to run into a tree. It doesn’t hurt much and leaves a fantastic bruise.

9. I throw pencils across rooms without thinking. And not just a I-was-flicking-it-and-got-wild toss but an arm-cocked baseball throw. So far there have been no casualties.

10. I have a dartboard in my room because it reminds me of my father.

11. I’ve always wanted a younger sister.

12. I think the world looks its best at 3 a.m.

13. I have allergies 12 months a year.

14. I love to bake as long as I don’t have to use a recipe or measuring cups and spoons.

15. If there is someone or something I don’t like I will spend a good few hours thinking of reasons/ways to like them.

16. As was the case with salmon. I enjoy it because it has Omega-3s.

17. I got a D in my philosophy class (which I loved) because a boy from it was stalking me and I stopped going to it. Or because I refused to take the final.

18. It took me two summers to learn to ride a bike. Actually I learned one summer and then forgot how the next. Thus dispelling an age-old saying.

19. I fantasize of running (literally) away from life two to three times a week, Forest Gump style. It is incredibly painful for me to run more than 800 meters.

20. I believe in love at first sight and have been victim to it once. We still talk.

21. I have been a fugitive in the state of Utah.

22. I love to Latin dance but when I get bored with my partner I lose the count and end up off beat.

23. Hooker is my favorite word but wasn’t until a certain boy’s fascination with Captain Hook led to a derivation of his name.

24. Every pair of shoes I’ve worn have given me blisters, 1/3 of which bled. I still get blisters when I switch styles of shoes, i.e. from pumps to flats to sneakers to skate shoes.

25. I hate making eye contact with people. Hookers always make comments on the hue.

No comments: