Thursday, February 26, 2009

Most Unlikely Place to be Asked Out

"Pull your pants down."

"Pull your pants down please."

"You need to pull your pants down."

"Do you actually own a skateboard?"

HUH? and yes, a hybrid longboard-skateboard. It's pretty and purple and I fall. A lot. Excuse me while I make sure he pees in the urinal and not all over his shoes.

"Oh I have a skateboard but I only ride streets. We should go sometime. I could teach you. I'm a great teacher."

Silence on my end. He probably didn't notice because there were about 20 other people in the bathroom with us, teachers struggling to control small boys and shrieks from defiant youngsters.

Random time to ask someone to hang out, or not considering the unusual things ways guys have approached me. One guy flagged me down on the freeway to tell me that he'd never seen anyone driving that fast. When he looked over to see who the maniac was it was a hot girl. I wasn't driving that fast, no federal offense.

I had a boy leave a note on my car after I parked next to him. One guy told me he appreciated my pinned skirt. The creepy thing there was I didn't know it was pinned, or that there was a slit. He probably knew the label, exact color and stich used.

And then there were those who didn't even ask for a date. The Jamaican who wrapped his arms around my waist and carried me off. My study date who thought study was code for make-out. I didn't think so and the kiss he gave me in the middle of the library came as a surprise. Didn't even have time to tilt my head. He married one of my friends a year later.

Still the guy in the boy's bathroom wins...for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 word, rhymes with "looker" hahahahahaa