Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Catch All

It’s been a cold September literally I have had a cold. Which means I’ve been slightly delusional (I accepted a job in construction?!) and thoroughly enlightened through sick bed meditation.

OH, did I mention that people whom I have low tolerance for become annoyingly detestable to me? Enter new dancing friend who seemed harmless when I gave him my number while clearly stating it was for dance use only and I have a jealous boyfriend. Actually he asked if I had one and emphatically affirmed.

I ignored him face to face and through txt for two weeks. Luckily it hasn’t diminished our friendship as he still contacts me. This morning I woke happy and high off a plugged nose and answered his Sat txt. Here comes the enlightenment. Every txt I sent carried two familiar words: that sucks.

Pondering on this I remembered back a few weeks. Different boy, also uncertain of the parameters of our friendship, began txting the details of his life.

Him: bad day at work

Me: that sucks

Him: going in for surgery

Me: that sucks

Him: need to get out of the house, friend committed suicide

Me: that sucks

And there was the boy in Ireland who confessed his love for me and asked if we could date. I watched him with a smirk on my face then said unemotionally, “Yeah I don’t feel the same way. Dude, that sucks.”

He’s probably reading this. That sucks.

No comments: