Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bananas

We've been experimenting with solid foods, and we've encountered some not so pleasant surprises. Sweet potatoes make Pippa's face pucker. Green beans make her gag. Oatmeal makes her throw up. All this caused a major regression on solids intake, she wouldn't even considered eating her favorite rice cereal. Just sitting in the highchair has become cause for alarm.

Grandma, with her wisdom and bean whisperingness, told me to forgo the expert opinions (cereals, then veggies before fruit, because we now want babies to hate life) and try a banana. Naturally sugary and sweet. Pippa was skeptical at first but then decided her mom was no longer trying to trick her and enjoyed her three small helpings. The last round being right before her bath.

A bath. Where she soaked and played and had her hair washed, multiple times. Someone in our family thought that a bath needed some moisture saving element and added baby oil. Even after washing her hair and rinsing it with clean water, Pippa's hair shines like teenage boy's slicked back 'do.

As annoyed as I was last night, I am confused and thankful this morning. While I was holding her on my lap I noticed a suspicious clump in her hair. A clump of mashed up banana, that should be dried and  gluelike. I braced myself for some tearing as I started to pull the clump out of her hair. It slipped right out. I'm still not sure how it got there, but I'm certain her oiled hair helped the dried food make a clean exit.

2 comments:

gripper said...

hahaha, i knew what i was doing just thought it'd be peanut butter or gum! funny breezeanna...love the "wisdom and bean whisperingness"

Anonymous said...

clearly she needs to eat meat, lots of meat