Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hey Jealousy

After we married, Skip caught a little bug called baby lust. He'd see a cute baby with a cute mommy and go nuts then turn into a pile of mush and excitement as he simultaneously become nostalgic and prophetic. Crazy times. I on the other was totally cool and patted his head in mockery.

Now I have my own form of baby lust, or envy, jealousy, otherwise known as competitive dressing with my Bean. Most days Pippa wins hands down. I dress her in an adorable outfit, post a picture and mourn my sweats. Then in a fit of optimism I went shopping for myself and bought a matching sweater jacket. Since it has not arrived I felt unfulfilled.

Browsing online I noticed that Old Navy had some cool new pop color rockstar pants. Hello. Sounds fancy. Normally, when I'm not hopped up on hormones, I wear deep dark colors like black or navy. With a baby girl and her various shades of pink, that is the only color I see. It looks wonderful on a 7 month old so clearly I, too, needed hot pink pants. Done. Pippa and I will match for the next 10 years.


1 comment:

surewhynot said...

I on the other was totally cool and patted his head in mockery.


hmmm

who is laughing now